Vegetables are very healthy and good for your health. They are good for liver and heart. They help you maintain blood sugar levels and regulate blood pressure and heart rate. They also help in maintaining the viscosity of the blood. Veggie omelet is a good breakfast option if you are on a vegetable diet due to health reasons or if you are a vegetarian. There are some conditions where meat is opted out of all food items as per the doctor’s instructions. Also if you are on a diet to lose weight, veggie omelet might be the only omelet you’re instructed let you have. Most diet plans calculate not only calories but your protein intake as well. So most of them will have veggie omelet included in them.
Veggie omelet still is an omelet and uses eggs as the main ingredient, so if you are a pure vegetarian and don’t take eggs, then you can use flour, nutritional yeast flakes, baking powder and turmeric instead of eggs. You can mix all of these ingredients with a dash of salt and cook it in a pan oiled with vegetable oil just like regular eggs. But if you can take eggs then follow this recipe to make the best veggie omelet!
Recipe for Veggie Omelet:
- Vegetable oil in very small quantity
- 1 small bell pepper chopped
- One small onion chopped or you can use green onion as well
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup of washed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1-2 cabbage leaves chopped
- Green chili seeded and chopped
- Fresh coriander for decoration
- 2-4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly grounded black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese of your choice
- Heat a pan or skillet over medium heat with vegetable oil
- Add onion, bell pepper till onion is tender
- Now add the rest of the vegetables along with spinach
- Stir fry till the spinach gets wilted and the rest of the vegetables get tender
- Now beat the eggs in a bowl
- Add salt and pepper and whisk till mixed completely
- Spread the egg mixture onto the pan
- Slide it back and forth to spread the eggs evenly
- Use the spatula to push the mixture a bit
- When the bottom of the omelet is lightly brown and cooked place the cooked vegetables over half of the omelet
- Turn the other half over the vegetables and let it cook
- Use the spatula to turn or flip if you can, over to the other side
- When cooked dish it out and enjoy!
The veggie omelet is a wonderful egg dish that can be enjoyed not only at breakfast but also at lunchtime or for dinner. The melted cheese looks delicious oozing out of the veggie omelet every time you take a bite. It is probably the healthiest of all the omelets. It has proteins, alkaline based ingredients and all the vitamins required for a healthy lifestyle.