How to make a perfect Omelet is the great question. Making an omelet is not a child’s play, although it may sound as such. You would think what is difficult in cooking eggs with some herbs. But it is more of a challenge than you know. So much so that they start teaching classes by teaching you to poach an egg or make an omelet.
There are different kinds of omelets that you can make according to your liking. You can make cheese omelet, sausages omelet, all veggie omelet or green chili omelet. But whichever you choose to make, be sure that it is not over cooked and is fluffy.
How to make a perfect Omelet?
Recipe perfect Omelet Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup filling as per your likings such as chopped green onions or spinach chopped sausages or shredded cheese.
How to make a perfect Omelet Procedure:
- Beat the eggs
- Add water, salt, and pepper
- Blend thoroughly
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat
- Move the pan to spread the melted butter
- Now pour the blended eggs mixture into the pan
- It will set at the edges as soon as you pour it
- Gently move the mixture with a spatula or inverted turner. Keep on tilting the pan to let the uncooked eggs to reach the hot pan
- When there is no liquid egg mixture left and the surface is thick, put the filling you want in one-half of the omelet
- Now gently turn the other half of the omelet folding it over the filling
Gently press it
- Tilt the pan to slide the omelet onto the serving dish
- Serve hot with toast or as it is
Some good fillings for How to make a perfect Omelet ?
When it comes to selecting fillings for your omelet, there is a huge variety to choose from. In fact, you can improvise and put anything you like under the sun. I mean it should be edible of course! What I actually meant was that you can put anything you like to eat in an omelet. Here are a few popular options and a few less popular ones:
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped sausages
- Sour cream
- Bell peppers
- Green onions
- Green chilly
- Caramelized onions,
- Fresh herbs
- Leftover turkey and diced chicken
- Roasted Almonds
If you have a sweet tooth and prefer sweet omelet at breakfast then add a bit of sugar instead of salt. For fillings use nuts and berries. Use powdered sugar to sprinkle over the omelet. You can also pour honey or syrup on top to give a more finesse and elegant touch.
Different types of omelets:
How to make a perfect Omelet ? You can make and enjoy different types of omelets. You can fold them in half or make a roll of it. You can even make an opened face one too. To make a roll one, fold the omelet a couple of times and keep the filling less. The sweet omelets make wonderful rolls.
To make an open-faced omelet, you can add filling on the top while the mixture is semi-liquid so that the filling can set into the mixture. You can also add the filling into the raw mixture while blending. That can make a very good open-faced omelet.