Healthy French Toast recipe complete guide for Delicious Breakfast and lanuch .The first question that comes to mind after reading the topic is, is French toast unhealthy? Well, the answer is not really. It is a food item made from bread and eggs and milk. These ingredients have calcium, proteins, and fiber. But when you add sugar and syrups, it does become rich in calories and sugar levels. To maintain a healthy life where there is no heart or diabetes related issues, you need to have a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle includes regular exercise, stress-free environment, and a healthy diet. A healthy diet should include all the nutrients including protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin etc.
Breakfast and a healthy one are vital to living a healthy life. In fact, according to nutritionists, it is an essential meal of the day. So whatever breakfast you take, it should be healthy and have all the nutrients. A healthy French toast is an excellent breakfast for health conscious people.
So this recipe is not about saying French toast is unhealthy rather it is about making it healthier. Your selection of bread and sugar and the amount you use will actually make it healthier. You can use only egg whites to make the toast. The bread can be bran bread and sugar can be brown. Instead of topping it with whipped cream or maple syrup, you can put berries on top. This way you can make it into a wholesome and hearty breakfast which not only fulfills your nutritional needs but also keeps it light.
If you are a vegan diet person, you can use soy milk, peanut butter, and flour to coat your bread. In short, you can do so much with French toast to make it healthy and by keeping on trying different ways you won’t get bored by eating this as a regular breakfast.
How to make a Healthy French toast:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ cup low-fat or skimmed milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of trans-fat-free margarine
- 8 slices of bran or whole wheat bread
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Beat egg whites, whole egg, milk, salt and vanilla extract till blended completely
- Now melt the margarine on a medium heat
- Dip the bread in the mixture, press a little so it is coated completely
- Repeat on the other side of the bread
- Put the slices in the pan you used to melt butter and cook until light brown
- Keep on flipping so both sides are equally cooked
- After cooking for 3-4 minutes put the toast on a cookie sheet and put in the oven
- Keep them warm in the oven till needed.
Side on with the toast:
You can serve the French toast with a few blueberries and raspberries. Yu can also use a little honey instead of maple syrup. Eat it with your coffee or orange juice to start a healthy and fresh day!