There are different possibilities to cook pork. You may find grilled pork recipes or oven pork recipes. You may use a frying pan or skillet, cook meat in the over or grill it directly. It depends on the part of the pork you have and how you want it cooked. Thin slices will be easily grilled or cooked in a skillet, while whole part, thicker and heavier, will be rather cooked in the oven. There are different grilled pork recipes with different ingredients. Just try the grilled pork recipe with the ingredients that you like.
Grilled Pork Ribs: Costillas de Cerdo a la Parilla
This recipe is one that I wanted to share as it is very tasty and people enjoyed it.
Pork ribs are often grilled and benefit therefore from a longer and slower cooking with marinades. Citrus and chile peppers are commonly used for seasoning pork. You can roast them outdoors and stary near the grill to check the ribs and the temperature, or you can cook them in the oven first and then cook on the grill to add the smoky flavor. The marinade should be added a few hours before cooking.
Serving : 2 people
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 3h30
- 1 1/2 – rack of pork ribs
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 4 scallions
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon aji pance chile pepper paste
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper
The recipe is complete with many ingredients to cook the marinade, however it is possible to remove some of them to make it quite easier.
Step 1 : Remove the membrane from the bony side of the rack of ribs: Slide a dull knife under the membrane and use the knife to loosen the membrane from the ribs, then peel away the membrane. Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Rub all over with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
Prepare the marinade: Peel the garlic and coarsely chop. Chop white and green parts of the scallions. Place all of the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth and well blended.
Step 2 : Place the ribs in a shallow dish and cover with the marinade, rubbing the marinade into both sides of the ribs with your fingers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
Step 3 : Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place the ribs on a large piece of aluminum foil. Add the marinade and wrap tightly with more foil, making sure foil is well sealed around the ribs. Place foil packet on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 3 hours. Remove ribs from oven and let cool.
Step 4 : Heat the grill to medium-high, moving the charcoal to one side in order to create an area where the ribs can cook over indirect heat. Place the ribs directly over the coals to sear each side, then move them to the cooler part of the grill (around 250 degrees F) and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, brushing them with marinade. Remove the ribs and serve warm.
Step 5 : To cook ribs on the grill only: Prepare the grill: light the charcoal then move charcoal to one side of the grill, creating an area with lower temperature – around 225-250 degrees Fahrenheit for the ribs. Sear the ribs on each side directly over the coals, then place over indirect heat. Cook ribs, basting occasionally with marinade, for 3 hours. Remove the ribs and serve warm.
Grilled Pork Ribs are succulent with their smoky savour which enhances the ribs. The marinade also adds a specific country-like savour which makes the recipe famous.
Another succulent grilled pork recipe, here with barbecue.
BBQ Pork Tenderloin with Bell Pepper
Another recipe to cook pork on a grill. The BBQ pork tenderloin requires different ingredient to create marinade but they are essential, as they are the savoury heart of the recipe, added to the smoky flavour from the grill.
Serving : 4 people
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 package prechopped red, yellow, and green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar, divided
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
The recipe :
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine onion and bell pepper in a bowl. Bring 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water, sugar, and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour vinegar mixture over bell pepper mixture; let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
- Bring remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, remaining 1/4 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, ketchup, and next 6 ingredients (through red pepper) to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stir regularly. Place 1/2 cup sauce in a small bowl; reserve.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add pork to grill and cook 10 minutes, turn occasionally. Brush pork with remaining sauce and grill 5 minutes. Place pork on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 12 slices. Serve with bell pepper mixture and reserved 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.
Cooking pork outdoors on a grill is a pleasant moment, even if you have to check the temperature and meat, it’s easy. Simplicity, taste and marinade are the key words for this recipe.
Turmeric Pork Chops
Serving : 4 people
Tumeric is a new trend that people like seasoned. Its subtle flavor notes bring out the best in this simple pork chop recipe. The addition of fresh lime juice is perfect to contrast with the pork chop. A bone-in pork chop will bring its tasty flavour in your plate.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high. Rub pork with cut sides of garlic; discard garlic. Sprinkle pork with turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and tomato paste.
- Brush both sides of pork with half of oil mixture. Add pork to pan; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a plate; brush both sides of pork with remaining oil mixture and grill 1 minute.
- Put chops in a plate and sprinkle with cilantro.
The recipe is easy to follow and pork easy to cook. Turmeric pork chops are delightful and you will never make mistakes if you decide to cook them. If you try to cook turmeric pork chops, your family and friends will enjoy a savoury dinner.