There are people who never know how to cook pork if remaining food in the kitchen or fresh food. Here is a short list of famous fish and pork recipes that you should appreciate with your family. The fish and pork recipes don’t use the same ingredients and the same method but the result for all is delightful. You don’t need to wonder how to cook the recipe and directly try at least one of the two recipes available here !
Steamed pork with salted fist
Steamed port with salted fish is a traditional chinese meal. Salted fish comes here to soften the meal and is the most specific ingredient in the recipe. Even if we may think that cooking fish with pork and for more than 10 minutes may lower its flavor, it remains valuable and delicious.
For 4 people
preparation : 15 minutes
cooking time : 10 minutes
- 300 g minced pork
- 30g salted fish (cooked plaice or ray)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Pinch of fine sugar
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- For Garnishing
- 1/2 sliced red chilli
- 1 tbsp fried garlic bits
- Vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, add salt and corn flour into the pork mixture and mix well with your hands. Lift up the mixture and put in a bowl and mix until pork is covered. Add the rest of the marinade ingredients into the meat and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan. Fry the salted fish pieces until fragrant. Add half of the fried salted fish into the pork mixture and mix well. (The fish is already cooked, put the plaice or ray covered with flour in a fried pan with butter over medium heat and cook 5 minutes each side). Put the pork in a plate and press it to smoothen it. Add the finely sliced ginger and remaining fried salted fish on top of the pork.
- Fill a wok with about 1⁄4 full of water, place your steaming rack in and bring it to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, place the pork dish on top of the rack. Close the cover and steam for about 10 minutes until the pork is completely cooked.
- Remove carefully from heat. Garnish with sliced chillies and drizzle with vegetable oil and fried garlic bits. Put in a plate and serve with rice.
The combination of ray and pork is a good idea if you want to try a new recipe with pork. All the ingredients are cooked together and that may soften some flavors. The result is however delicious. Fish and pork is a perfect pair.
Fish with bacon, onion and tomatoes
Here is another but different fish and pork recipe which adds onions and tomatoes.
The taste is still delicious and crunchy.
For 4 people
preparation : lasts 30 minutes
cooking time : 30 minutes
- 4 slices thickly sliced smoked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 lb tilapia fillets (or other fish), cut into 4 serving pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Remove bacon from skillet and put in a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion to bacon fat and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat egg. Dip fish into egg, then coat with cornmeal.
- Remove onion from skillet with a spoon, put in a bowl. Place fish in skillet with bacon fat. Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove from the skillet put in plates. Top fish with bacon and onion before serving.
Fish and pork with tomatoes and onion is the perfect combination to add softness to the bacon and a delicious meal. You will always remember to cook this fish and pork recipe when you will have bacon to cook. Enjoy !