This easy pork chops recipe is cooked with cheese and mustard which are combined to give a delicious flavor to pork chops cooked in oven. Boneless pork chops are baked carefuly so that you get good food on your plate and you eat easily and simply. One serving contains about 500 calories and cheesy pork chops with chips is a rich meal appreciated by everyone : adults who want simple, tasty and good food and children who fancy chips.
How to choose cheese for cooking pork chops in oven
Grated cheese is recommended in the recipe to cook pork chops easily, cheddar cheese or gruyère or swiss cheese is perfect for the recipe. However, you can choose sliced cheese from the supermarket, once you have cut it in thin slices, you can use it as a substitute. Potatoes and onions are fried together in thise pork chops recipe, so it is also possible to use blue cheese or another cheese with a strong flavor. What you need to remember is that some cheese can’t be cooked for more than 5 minutes, add blue cheese for the last 5 minutes remaining in your dish.
How to cook potatoes for this pork chops and chips recipe
Potatoes are fried with chopped onion with oil. If you want to cook them the traditional way, use pork rind once the cooking time has started and stirr regularly, and you will taste the delicious result: more taste, the flavors from the onions are enhanced by the fat which also cooks potatoes. The meal has more taste and is a delight. However, don’t forget that it is fat and less healthy than with the traditional recipe. If you want healthy food, just add one teaspoon pork rind to the pan and let it deliver its subtle taste and cook the slices of onion and slices of potatoes.
The way you cut potatoes in slices is also important for this pork chops and chips recipe. For a traditional recipe, cut them in thick slices but you can also cut potatoes in thin round slices and even cut thin thin slices to get French fries. It depends on how you want them to be cooked.
What you need to cook cheesy pork chops & chips
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1kilo potatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- splash of cider, wine, water and stock
- 2 tbspoon olive oil
- 100g grated cheese
- 1 tbspoon wholegrain mustard
- 3 tbspoon milk
- Salt and pepper
The recipe to know how to cook pork chops with cheese and chips
- Heat oven to 210C/gas 8.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes, onion, liquid and oil together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put onion and potatoes into a large fried pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown. Stir regulary. Lay the chops on the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes more.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix the cheese, mustard and milk together. When the chops are cooked enough (after 10 minutes), spread the cheese mixture over them and switch potatoes and pork chops in the oven over to grill. Place the pan under the grill and cook for about 5 mins until the cheese is melt and bubbling and the potatoes are golden and crispy.
- Put the pan on a trivet on the table and serve straight from the pan.
A cheesy pork chops with chips is what everybody crave for : pork is tender, tasty and delivers subtle flavors with melted cheese while chips add crisps and a smooth taste to the recipe. Chips may have different sizes and may require more oil or fat to be cooked correctly. Chips are appreciated by children and this pork and chops recipe with chips obviously influence them to eat meat. Yummy !