Grilled pork skewers, an easy and appreciated pork barbecue recipe
This pork barbecue recipe combines different tasty ingredients whose flavors are used for cooking pork cubes with a skewer. Pork skewers are part of famous barbecue parties everybody fancies and your guests will appreciate the tasty flavors which are also a guarantee for good food and healthy food.
Easy marinade for more spices to the pork parbecue recipe
These ingredients are specifically chosen to bring the best food with spice on your table. The spice mixture, made up with garlic, soy sauce and ginger is combined with brown sugar so that you get glazing and tasty pork skewers. BBQ sauce is made with the combination of brown sugar and soy sauce, it is so easy to cook that you won’t want to buy an industrial bbq sauce but you will directly make your own handmade and healthy bbq sauce. It gives you also the possibility to add more Asian flavors to the marinade to get more exotic pork skewers. If you fancy Asian pork skewers, don’t hesitate to cook a garnish with veggies chopped in julienne, the Asian way.
A delicious garnish prepared the Asian way
Serve with tomatoes, cucumber and other vegetables which are cut in julienne and fried in a pan for 10 minutes with vegetable oil and with soy sauce (for the last 5 minutes). You may choose other vegetables and some fresh exotic fruits to the garnish (depending on what is available in your local market). If you want crusty veggies, cook them in a crockpot for 2 hours (medium heat), remove, put in a plate with soy sauce.
No matter which veggies you choose and how you want them to be cooked, what is important is to know how to make barbecue pork skewers.
The ingredients you need for this pork barbecue recipe
- 2 pounds sliced (1-inch cuts) pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup banana catsup
- 8 ounces or 1 can ginger ale
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grond pepper powder
- 12 bamboo skeers, pre-soak for 20 minutes
How to cook pork shoulder on the grill
Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl : minced garlic, soy sauce, calamansi juice (or use lemon), banana catsup, half of the ginger ale, salt, black pepper. Leave ½ cup of the marinade plus the sugar, aside for the grilling glaze.
- Pour the rest of the marinade over the pork.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the pork 8 hours.
- The next day, pre-soak the bamboo skewers in water for about 20 minutes.
- Then skewer the pork pieces into each stick, allowing approximately 6 to 7 pieces on each one.
- Pre-heat the outdoor barbecue grill to a medium high heat. Get ready with the grilling glaze set aside from the day before, add the sugar and remaining ginger ale.
- Grill the barbecued pork, about 12 minutes on each side.
Baste the pork barbecue every few minutes so that it gets moist and shiny.
- When cooked, serve hot on long platters and garnish with tomatoes, cucumbers and green pickled mangoes.
Barbecue pork skewers remain a must in all barbecue parties and are still appreciated by many of us. Pork shoulder and sweet and tasty sauce are combined to bring glazing and delicious pork skewers. Even those you aren’t porkaholic will want more to eat. You definitely get yummy food with this pork barbecue recipe.