Bacon is one of the most famous pork cut that is already cooked or pre-cooked. If you want to cook pork and you want bacon, there are many recipes and meals which use bacon slices. Bacon is rich in proteins and gives you some of the daily nutrients you need. Don’t hesitate to eat it even for breakfast ! Here are a list of famous bacon recipes that you probably already know, but which remain the favorite ones.
1. Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe
The recipe is the easy preparation of cheeseburgers with bacon. You don’t need much time to prepare bacon cheeseburgers and the result is so delicious !
For 4 people, preparation and cooking time lasts 30 minutes.
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Lettuce leaves and tomato, onion, slices of pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients : onion, garlic, sugar, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, steak sauce and cider vinegar. Crumble beef, add to the mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, over medium heat for 4-7 minutes on each side. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns with bacon and sliced vegetables and salad leaves.
Bacon cheeseburgers are rich and easy to prepare. Once you’ve cooked bacon, you just need to assemble the cheeseburger. It is delightful and the meal is appreciated by the entire family and the children.
2. Bacon Pancakes
For 4 people
preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 15 minutes
- 12 slices thick bacon
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Syrup for topping
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy, remove and put in a plate.
- Prepare pancake batter by mixing Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs in a bowl.
- Place bacon strips on skillet, leaving plenty of room in between them. Pour pancake mix all around the bacon strip.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until slightly brown.
- Serve with syrup
Bacon pancakes are so easy to prepare than everybody is able to do it. The recipe is quick to follow, and the meal remains simple and delicious.
3. Bacon Cocktail
This recipe is specific for a starter or pre-dinner snack, it combines bacon and a filled cream. You have the possibility to buy a stuffing which is already prepared or you can do it yourself. They are small snacks but with a strong subtle flavor.
For 6 people, ready in less than an hour.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 package cocktail smoked sausage links (stuffing : or use thick sour cream with chopped leaves of parsley, chopped garlic and a pich of salt)
- 1 lb light brown sugar
- 1 box of round toothpick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cake pan with non stick spray.
- Open package of bacon and cut entire slab into thirds.
- Wrap a third of a slice of bacon around each cocktail weenie and secure with toothpicks. (If youdon’t have this stuffing, use a thick sour cream with chopped leaves of parsley and some chopped garlic with salt).
- Place each bacon wrapped in cake pan, making sure to have lines. Liberally cover weenies with brown sugar, leaving only the toothpicks exposed. Place weenies in hot oven. Every 10 minutes or so, baste weenies with sugar/bacon grease mixture and break up any lumps of sugar. Continue until sugar is completely melted and bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and put on a plate, sprinkle a pinch of hot sugar (if remaining) on the plate.
These snacks are delicious and commonly cooked as a starter. It is possible to use parple syrup instead of brown sugar. Don’t hesitate to double the ingredients for an entire starter, as they are quickly eaten !
4. Bacon-Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
These biscuits are a common breakfast meal, rich and healthy. It gathers bacon, cheese and an egg, so you won’t feel hungry after havving eaten it. It is the delicous combination of the cooked ingredients which create a succulent savor.
For 9 biscuits
preparation time : 20 minutes
cooking time : 40 minutes
- 4 slices chopped cooked bacon
- 1 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 stick cold, unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Fried egg, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, pepper, baking powder, and baking soda for 30 seconds. Toss butter into dry mixture to coat, then press to create flower-petal shapes and return to bowl. Stir in bacon and cheddar.
- Slowly pour buttermilk over flour-butter mixture while stirring with a fork. Stop stirring when dough begins to form. Transfer to center of a baking sheet. Gather dough with your hands, pressing firmly to bind, and flatten it into a 6-by-10-inch rectangle. Lift parchment along a short end of dough and fold in half, forming a 6-by-5-inch rectangle. Turn dough 90 degrees; gently reflatten to 6 by 10 inches. Fold in half again and flatten slightly into a 6-inch square. (You have the possibility to choose the size of your rectangle to cook your biscuits).
- Cut it into thirds in both directions with a large, sharp knife, to form 9 biscuits. Brush tops with buttermilk.
- Bake until golden brown on top, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate, cover to keep warm. Serve with butter and a fried egg.
These biscuits contain what creates the savory flavor : bacon and cheese. Cooked butter with flour adds a succulent flavor as well. The result is great and these bacon and cheese biscuit remain delicious ! You can serve bacon and cheese biscuits for breakfast, as a starter or snack as well, or when people are hungry.
5. Bacon pasta
Bacon pasta is a simple and easy meal that you can cook anytime of the year. You just have to prepare pasta, add bacon with cheese, mushrooms and pepper. There are bacon pasta recipes with a slight different combination of ingredients. This recipe remains easy to prepare and tasteful.
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne
- 12-15 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside. (You choose the type you want : pipes or farfalles, use boiling salted water with 2 tablespoons oil, cook about 10 minutes, stir regularly, and when al dente, remove pasta from water and put in a plate.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook sliced mushrooms and garlic in the pan with the remaining fat 3 minutes or until tender. Add pasta, parmesan cheese, whipping cream, and pepper and stir and simmer over medium-low heat until sauce is thickened.
- Add bacon and green onions and stir. Remove from the pan and put in a plate.
Bacon pasta is a famous and easy meal which remains simple, tasty and healthy. If you wonder how to cook pork or bacon, don’t hesitate and try this recipe.